Sunday, April 15, 2012

clean eating menu 4

I was thinking today that I haven't shared with you guys some great news...
We've decided to keep up whole food, clean eating, unprocessed diet
(Whatever you want to call it!)

In this post I explained my goals and reasons why.
Here are the results from goals.
1. I did lose (most of) the baby weight,but that could be because I am breastfeeding and chasing a toddler!       :)
2. I didn't get to exercise as much as I wanted to. I started doing yoga again but no running yet.. sad day. So I can't really give you a result for this one.
3. I BLEW the budget by $300! Eating healthy is seriously expensive! On the positive side I did have to pretty much recreate the fundamental cooking ingredients in my kitchen all at one time, so I don't think it will be as expensive every month. 
We shall see.
So far this month I have stayed in the boundary- keep you fingers crossed for me :)
4. I am SO much more aware of food labels now. I mainly shop the perimeter of the store. And if I can't say all the ingredients on the label or don't know what they are, I don't buy it.

Anywho
Brent and I both agree that we feel so much better physically (ironically the whole family is SICK as i write this!) and about how Zadie eats.
So on this road we will continue. It has definitely  not been a simple  change but the more I learn the more   passionate about it I become.

So without further ado
here is our menu for the next bit.

Breakfast:

and fruit


whole wheat crepes


granola

Lunch:


Steak, veggie kabobs marinated in teriyaki sauce
and roasted homegrown red potatoes

This was a good dinner. I not a huge meat fan so steak night is never my fave.
I do LOVE roasted rosemary and lemon new potatoes though.

Pinned Image
Quesadillas with the leftover veggies from the kabobs
Guacamole and chips

These were so very good.
I even made my own tortillas.
(Pictures/ recipe coming soon!)

garden vegetable casserole

Two positives:
1. It tasted WAY better than I expected.
(I am not generally a casserole fan)
2. I used up the leftover veggies that did not fit on the kabobs
(yay! for no waste!)

Pinned Image
Greek fajita with tzatziki-sauce

 
Quiche
(because we are addicted!)


whole wheat pizza packet

Sweets:


dark chocolate whole-wheat brownies

Apple slices with peanut butter dip
apples with peanut butter dip

This was a tonight sweet tooth recipe addition! It definitely fulfilled my desert craving. I already decided that this is my new baby shower go to finger food. It is seriously delish!

Wanna came for dinner? I would LOVE to feed you and have a nice chat.
As always if you wanna join me or have some good recipes to share, let  me know!

xoxoxo


Linking to these great parties!

2 comments:

  1. We were kinda forced into clean eating when I had to give up eating gluten. You've got some recipes posted that look pretty tastey! I'm totally gonna snag em! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...