Monday, February 20, 2012

kindle fire cover

I have been loving being a mother of two.
It feels like my family is so much more complete...
you know what I mean?!
I have been loving it so much that it gave me a sense of foreboding.
Like I knew something was going to have to happen to shake up my happy place.
Because, let's be real,
as good as having two kids is... it is HARD.
Especially when you have two kids under two!

That ball dropped about two weeks ago.
I started telling you about it in an earlier post.
I want to just list the things that went wrong in a week.
Not to complain because I know it could have been MUCH worse,
more to just give you a laugh.
  1. I got my car stuck in a puddle leaving a party.
  2. I brushed my teeth with the toilet cleaning toothbrush.
  3. I only got about 4 hours of sleep each night due to nursing
  4. I swallowed my tooth
  5. I had to puke up a really delicious dinner to try to find said tooth.
  6. I never found my $900 dollar tooth
  7. my kindle decided not to work out of nowhere and they told me I had to pay to replace it even though it was a system error... grrr
  8. Z-baby got sick (which brought lots of weeping and no sleeping)
  9. Our heater broke on the coldest two days of winter this year.


Drumroll please...

number 10: I asked my hubby to pick up krispy kreme because I thought my horrible week deserved some indulgence. He was kind enough to stop on his way home from work only to find that their glazing machine was broken... seriously!!!
I held my own until then...
but when he came home empty handed my sleep- deprived- bad- week- self just cried.

All that to say that I was truly in no mood for V-Day.
But the hubster knew just what to do.
I woke up tuesday morning to a brand new kindle fire.
I love that man.
So much.

Then, for the icing on the cake,
he watched the girls and he let me sew!!
Which, as nerdy as this sounds,
I had been DYING to do since having Mattie.

I decided to make a cover for my new kindle...
This one will not end up with a broken screen!

I follow a tutorial from Seven sisters.
I only did a couple things different.

I added an applique to the front.


and I used different elastic because I thought it would hold the Fires thicker frame better.
I wish I would have sewed the elestic down BEFORE i sewed the front and back together.
Then I would not have had all the extra stitches on the back.

I loved the extra pockets but I really don't think they will be useful for anything- 
I might would leave them off next time
But I kept them just in case... 
Maybe I'll use them all the time!


Over all I LOVE it and the tutorial was so simple to follow!



~happy reading!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute Kindle fire cover! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tutorial, and your blog. Don't you just love these blog hops where we get to find and meet new blog friends? Glad I found you. I'm a new follower and I would love if you stopped by and followed back, so we can stay connected. Don't forget to add the new Linky tool cause' GFC is going away. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cover...my Kindle Fire is crying out for one like that. Beautiful. Your poor week!! And the glazing machine was broken? WHAT? That just breaks my heart in more ways than one. Would be delighted to have you link up with us at Mop it Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-4.html

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping over via the blog hop! I ADORE that case; it's just perfect with the little birdy :) So nice to meet you! New follower

    Lindsey
    outofalabaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I was glad to read that after such a harrowing series of mistfortunes, your luck turned around thanks to your loving hubby!

    Your button caught my eye over at the Grow-Your-Blog Blog Hop. So pleased to "meet" you!

    Following you with GFC,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that applique. it makes it. Best wishes. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! So did you end up using the extra pockets??? I'm going to make one tonight as well I think I'll add the pockets...might be useful for notes etc...Who knows I'll prolly never use them as well LOL Thanks for posting Your an ispiration :-D
    www.papercutsnbandaids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...