I have been loving being a mother of two.
It feels like my family is so much more complete...
you know what I mean?!
I have been loving it so much that it gave me a sense of foreboding.
Like I knew something was going to have to happen to shake up my happy place.
Because, let's be real,
as good as having two kids is... it is HARD.
Especially when you have two kids under two!
That ball dropped about two weeks ago.
I started telling you about it in an earlier post.
I want to just list the things that went wrong in a week.
Not to complain because I know it could have been MUCH worse,
more to just give you a laugh.
- I got my car stuck in a puddle leaving a party.
- I brushed my teeth with the toilet cleaning toothbrush.
- I only got about 4 hours of sleep each night due to nursing
- I swallowed my tooth
- I had to puke up a really delicious dinner to try to find said tooth.
- I never found my $900 dollar tooth
- my kindle decided not to work out of nowhere and they told me I had to pay to replace it even though it was a system error... grrr
- Z-baby got sick (which brought lots of weeping and no sleeping)
- Our heater broke on the coldest two days of winter this year.
number 10: I asked my hubby to pick up krispy kreme because I thought my horrible week deserved some indulgence. He was kind enough to stop on his way home from work only to find that their glazing machine was broken... seriously!!!
I held my own until then...
but when he came home empty handed my sleep- deprived- bad- week- self just cried.
All that to say that I was truly in no mood for V-Day.
But the hubster knew just what to do.
I woke up tuesday morning to a brand new kindle fire.
I love that man.
Then, for the icing on the cake,
he watched the girls and he let me sew!!
Which, as nerdy as this sounds,
I had been DYING to do since having Mattie.
I decided to make a cover for my new kindle...
This one will not end up with a broken screen!
I follow a tutorial from Seven sisters.
I only did a couple things different.
I added an applique to the front.
and I used different elastic because I thought it would hold the Fires thicker frame better.
I wish I would have sewed the elestic down BEFORE i sewed the front and back together.
Then I would not have had all the extra stitches on the back.
I loved the extra pockets but I really don't think they will be useful for anything-
I might would leave them off next time
But I kept them just in case...
Maybe I'll use them all the time!
Over all I LOVE it and the tutorial was so simple to follow!