Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Baby Time... games for coed showers


Today is the last day of Baby Time.
And I'm going to miss it!

I wanted to finish our fun week with a few ideas for coed baby showers.
Have you ever been to one before?
I  am not sure how popular they are in other families, but in mine it is usually the biggest shower we have,
Unfortunately I am not a fan of shower games,
nor are must males.

So here are a couple of games that should please any party goer.


(See that cute banner? The tutorial is coming soon!)
A baby pool is always a great idea.
Especially if the lovely couple is not finding out the sex of the baby!
I found this great (free) website called Expectnet where people can go and vote in a baby pool.
It is really easy to manage and my SIL just posted the link on facebook so any of her friends could join in.

I didn't think it would be very cute to have a laptop for people to guess on at the party so I made a big posterboard where they could vote.
I put it right in the entry way so no one missed it coming or going.
 I also had a mason jar sitting beside it for the money pot and to explain the rules.
Everyone had a BALL guessing and it really helped everyone feel comfortable and involved from the moment they walked in!

(Side note: I ALWAYS have the guest go ahead and self address envelopes at the shower to help the parents-to-be with their thank you notes! It is not hard for the guest and it REALLY helps the parents.)


This next game was particularly entertaining because my BIL has NEVER changed a diaper!
Seriously.
All I did was have him and his dad race to diaper a baby doll, but they had to do it with gloves and goggles.(not in the picture)
I really liked this game because the guest got to be involved without really doing anything!
I really hate shower game... Have i said that yet ;)
Especially the ones that involve famous people and their babies.
I really really suck at that.
You might as well stick a physics test in front of me. I would equally fail both!

I hope I don't sound like a Debbie downer.
There are plenty of things I love in life!
Just not silly shower games :)

Well if you missed any post from this week, be sure to go check them out!

hooter hider tutorial
(My SIL just asked if I  would make another one for a shower for one of her friend's. I think she liked it!)






Thanks for joining me in our baby celebration!
(I'll let you know when the new baby comes!)

much love


I'm linking to these great parties!






5 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower from a link party. Love all your shower ideas! The games seem really fun. I love the onesie too.. super cute :)

    Would love a follow back if you like my site too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving your blog! So glad to have found a new blog-land friend!

      Delete
  2. Fun times! So glad that you shared. Thanks for helping make Things I've Done Thursday a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I'd love it if you'd share this on my link up party.

    -ashley
    http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/fun-stuff-fridays-link-up-2/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great game for baby shower! Actually, my friend's going to have a baby shower soon and I'm gonna recommend your baby shower games ideas...

    thanks for sharing!
    Val

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...