Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bookshelf annnddd easy DIY Halloween yard decorations

Well hello friends, long time no see!!! Sorry I have been MIA, but I have been busy crafting, sewing and just being a pregnant mommy!

I want to share two old projects with you. Well, I say old, but I just (finally) finished painting the bookshelf today.

Procrastination=1
Rachel=0

I have a small dining room, or maybe I just have a large table. Either way, I don't have a lot of room and I have many many cookbooks.  I needed a small bookshelf that wouldn't draw attention to itself. The room is small enough without adding more furniture!

I got the idea and directions from this website.
After reading through the instructions I realized this shelf was built to hold CDs. I measured my largest cookbook and cut my boards one inch bigger.

It did turn out a little crooked. :/ I think that comes from my mad skill saw abilities.
Luckily Brent says he can fix it!
This is the final result with the cookbooks too.

It is nice and neat in the corner. And it the perfect size to hold all my cookbooks!

And.....
This project was something Brent and I threw together last Halloween. Brent had been working on the AC in the attic and he had some leftover insulation.

Being the creative geniuses we are ;) we decided to cut it in the shape of a tombstone and wha-la we had new Halloween decor!

How easy... Black spray paint and a skeleton from target. I love that it is shiny!
It is double sided too!!

I love the little easy fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants projects that turn out so great!!!

~Happy Halloween

1 comment:

  1. You are too stinking cute doing all this while chilling with baby one and carrying around baby two in your belly :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...