Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Persimmon cookies... Who knew?!


Anyone else finally feeling the cool weather?! I was SO very excited when I woke up this morning. I know it will leave again since it doesn't truly get cold here until Thanksgiving, but for now I am going to enjoy!

I don't know about you but cool weather always makes me want to BAKE! Today's recipe was picked, found, and made by hubby dearest.

I say picked because he had to go to the neighbors persimmon tree and get the fruit. Our neighbor doesn't even like them!

I'll have to admit... I had my first persimmon last week and it was, well, WEIRD! In my mind orange fruit should be tangy, but persimmons taste like fall. Seriously.
These cookies have won me over! My house smells SOOO good right now!

Persimmon Cookies
Ingredients:

1 tsp. Baking soda
1 c Sieved persimmon pulp
1/2 c Butter or margarine
1 c Sugar
1 Egg
2 c Flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground cloves
1/2 tsp. Ground nutmeg
1 c Raisins and/or nuts


Directions:
Stir soda into persimmon pulp and set aside.

Cream butter and sugar together.

Beat in egg, then persimmon mixture.

Sift flour with baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
Add to creamed mixture along with raisins or nuts. Mix thoroughly.

Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheets and bake at 350F 8 to 10 minutes.
He even did the dishes while they baked!

They smelled so good they woke Zadie up from her nap with a smile! :)
If you have any persimmons (or awesome neighbors:) you need to go make these cookies. Seriously... GO now!

~Happy Fall Baking




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...