Friday, October 4, 2013

bubble shorts and a pillowcase top

My sweet niece turned one earlier this summer! You know, the same one I was just planning the coed shower to celebrate. Where does time go?! Anywho, that sweet girl deserved some new outfits for her big day. First I made her one of my favorite patterns ever, elegance and elephants  bubble short pattern. You can see the pair I made for Zadie here.

 
                        
 
 
 
Jeez I love these shorts! I also whipped up a pillowcase top paired with some go to leggings.
 
 
 
The top was completely inspired by you and mie's color pop top.
 
 
 
Using a strip of knit fabric for the tie made the project super duper quick and really comfy too. The best part is that she loved it (well her mom did anyways!) Sometimes it is really nice to be reminded that simple sewing projects can be just as rewarding as more complex time consuming ones and it is really fun to make a gift for someone you love.
 
Happy sewing,
 
Rachel
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...