Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Birds of a feather


Do you watch Portlandia?
I tried to resist.
I fought the good fight and told Brent it is too stupid..
a total waste of time.
Then this episode aired and I was sold.
And a little embarrassed because I immediately kind of like anything that has a bird on it.
Gotta hate when I'm typical. ;)

Anyhoo, a friend of mine had a birfday
(yeah I said birfday... it's what all the cool kids are saying)
and I made her this sweet necklace.

Now don't look to close.
I am a newby at this jewelry making game
and man am I hooked!
It is so much fun!

I got the idea for the lace pendent from my favorite local jeweler.
She was selling something similar at the farmers market a few weeks ago.
I would have LOVED to support her but it was a wee bit to pricey for me.  
Sad day.
The other two pendants came in a pack of three.
I picked the two I wanted and then I shortened the chain on one of them to make it a little more asymmetrical.

My friend loved her necklace.
I did to (I really wanted to keep it!)
Do you like it? Do you want to know how I made it? I was thinking about making one for myself. So, if your interested I'll take some pictures. Let me know!



xoxo

I love to party at all these fun places!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...