Wednesday, March 14, 2012

clean eating menu 3

Well, so far so ... okay.
I wish I could say good but we have cheated a few times.
We went out to eat once because I wanted a break.
Remind me next time that taking a 19 month old out to dinner is by no means a break! :)
I think we scared my pregnant sister in law...
I can't find whole wheat buns so we have cheated there,
and we have not been eating local meat because I have been trying to finish what I already had frozen.

Besides that, we are golden.
I am feeling like I am kinda getting the hang of it and not spending the whole day in the kitchen anymore.
I even feel like I am losing the baby weight!!!
And we all feel a lot better and more energetic.
(Well energetic for not getting very much sleep at night. ;)

So here goes week 3.
My goal is to find/ learn how to make those dag-blasted whole wheat buns!

Breakfast:

grapefruit
Greek yogurt


Lunch:

Fresh in season fruit and veggies
Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
leftovers
grilled cheese topped with

Spinach Pesto (aka Spanakopita Pesto)



Dinner:

(We had this tonight and it was SO VERY GOOD!)
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup





With a side of


Snacks:








And 
Drum Roll Please....

Dessert:




And if I can ever remember to get Popsicle molds 


Wanna come to dinner?
It makes me hungry just typing it!

I have been reading about cooking oils this week.
There is so much information out there it can be so overwhelming!

So I've decided to take it slowly.
I purchased coconut oil this week because I saute veggies over medium heat A LOT.
I haven't used it yet. I keep forgetting :/
I'll let you know what I think.

Remember it is not to late to join me on my no processed food March.
I would love to hear from you-
how are you doing?
Have you found any delicious recipes?
Have you learned anything interesting?

Talk to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...